SEND Youth Hub Programme
What is the SEND Youth Hub Programme?
The SEND Youth Hub is a specialist project, aimed at helping young people with any special educational need overcome barriers and progress towards volunteering, education, work placements or paid employment.
We are one of only 2 specialist SEND Youth Hub in the United Kingdom, with our programme being funded via Sheffield Council and DWP.
The SEND Youth Hub brings together all your jobcentre support into the Autism Plus office, with access to a specialist Youth Work Coach as well as Progression Mentors who will offer you one to one support to overcome barriers. If you are claiming Universal Credit then as part of your Universal Credit claimant commitment you will be able to be transferred to the specialist Youth Work Coach based in our Sheffield office, removing the need to go to Jobcentre for your appointments. Alongside this you will also have weekly support sessions with a progression mentor will be provide you with bespoke one to one support to overcome barriers and progress towards your goal, whether this be employment, education or further training.
As part of the support you will receive up to 26 weeks or specialist support, with a further 13 weeks of support to sustain employment if you move into work before the end of the programme.
We support young people aged 18-24, living in Sheffield City Council area with any SEND need, you do not need to have a formal diagnosis to access this support.
What support does the programme offer?
Our SEND Youth Hub offers one to one support to help you overcome your barriers and progress towards paid employment or education
We can help you:
- Develop personalised action plan to help you overcome barriers
- Help develop your confidence and self esteem
- Learn employability skills in preparation for entering paid employment
- Understand options available to you to help you progress
- Support with money management
- Support to improve your wellbeing
- Identify your goals and aspirations
- Introductions to employers
- Visits to workplaces and support to attend job fairs
- Opportunities to meet employers and experience the world of work
- Support with CV writing and interview practice
To be eligible for this programme you have to meet the following criteria:
- Live in a Sheffield City council area
- Be between the ages of 18-24
- Not currently accessing any other DWP funded project
- Not be in employment, education or training
The project is currently funded to the end of April 2024
How to access this programme
email@example.com or on 01143840284
We will contact you to arrange an initial appointment. If you would like us to contact someone on your behalf then please let us know when you contact the team.